Some of the areas we cover within this workshop are:
- Understanding challenging behaviour
- Physiological and Pharmacological reasons for challenging behaviour
- Assessing, monitoring and managing challenging behaviour
- Managing conflict- Communication and negotiation strategies
- Increased confidence in managing challenging behaviours.
- An understanding of how one’s own behaviour can affect others.
- Gained skills to defuse challenging situations with the aim of negating the need for physical interventions
- Developed an awareness of the importance to work within the law and to follow organisational policies and procedures.
- An understanding of the importance of debriefing and self-care following incidents involving challenging behaviour.