Meet Our Team
Accredited Mental Health Social Worker
28 Alice St, Newtown 2042
HOURS & ACCESS
Please contact Priscilla for appointment availability
REFERRAL TYPES – INCLUDING PSYCHOLOGICAL SUPPORT SERVICES (PSS)
Aboriginal & Torres Straight Islander
0412 765 166
Priscilla McCorriston is a social worker with more than 25 years of clinical experience. She works from a trauma informed, mindfulness perspective. She has extensive experience working with people from a wide range of cultures and identities. She currently works full time in private practice in Newtown, Sydney. She works with adults and young people who are:
- Survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, child sexual assault and child abuse; and war related trauma
- Experiencing difficulties with their mental health (e.g. anxiety and depression, bi-polar disorder)
- Experiencing grief and loss
- Dealing with issues related to their sexual or gender identity
- Experiencing sexual difficulties or relationship difficulties
Priscilla is contracted counsellor with the Vietnam Veterans and Families Counselling Service, (VVCS) and Victims Services.
Priscilla worked in Health services, in NSW from 1989- 2012. In a range of specialist teams including women’s health, HIV, sexual health, sexual assault and domestic violence.
Priscilla also provides clinical supervision and consultation to a wide range of teams and individual practitioners working in the fields of domestic, family and sexual violence, child protection, disability and mental health. She enjoys the opportunity to train other workers in trauma informed care.